Monday, October 15, 2012

Homecoming Parade Update/Teen Read Week Update

Well, the Homecoming Parade was a hit. We ended up having way more candy tossers than we knew what to do with! This is ultimately my mistake as I was worried about the number we would have after many of my MAC members had to be on other floats in the parade and I wasn't sure if we'd have enough to evenly distribute candy and mentioned it to one of my PNG (Project Next Generation) students who then told a few other PNG students who then showed up the day of. Ultimately successful and each person was able to participate - I just hope I don't have to deal with the "Well you didn't ask me" complaints. I didn't ask half the people who participated...but they did and I am grateful and humbled that they would want to be a part of our float and represent the library to our community.


In other news, TAB had their Slime Prep Workshop this past Saturday to help prepare them for showing the young 'uns how to make their own slime the night of the Zombie program. The kids had a blast and the session also turned into an impromptu face-painting workshop as well. I will be posting pictures from the parade and the workshop. I hope you enjoy!





4 comments:

  1. What great fun! Random question, do you have to have documentation before you post students' pictures online? We have to have a signed waiver before we can post any student pictures, so I was just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felicia, it looks like you had a lot of fun and the kids too. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic, Felicia! I love the slime workshop. What other activities did you do for your night of the Zombies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hillary: We have a policy in our library and signs up which state that once individuals enter our library they give their permission for their picture/video to be used for library purposes. They can always tell us if they do not wish for their photo to be shared for whatever reason and we will not share it or use it in promotion of the library or for any other use.
    And thank you all so much! We did Zombie makeovers (face-painting), had Zombie treats (dirt cake, etc.), showed a zombie movie (The Corpse Bride), and had a Zombie Walk to finish off the night.

    ReplyDelete